Sean Au con Tokenomics: The Crypto Shift of Blockchains, ICOs, and Tokens (English Edition)
Explore the differences between ICOs, cryptocurrencies, and tokens (offerings), enabling the reader to understand the ICO landscape, how millions were raised in minutes, and where the future of the tokenized economy is heading. Take a real-time journey, cutting through the myths, understanding token choices available to everyone.
- Interviews with key figures in Tokenomics
- Unbiased evaluation and comparison of the different offerings
- Conceptual analysis of the market’s reaction
- League table showing current exposure
- An account of the theoretical and current legal foundations of alt coins and tokens
- A complete introduction to the phases of an initial coin offering
Tokenomics is the economy of this new world. This is a no-holds-barred, in-depth exploration of the way in which we can participate in the blockchain economy. The reader will learn the basics of bitcoin, blockchains, and tokenomics; what the very first ICO was; and how over a period of 5 years, various projects managed to raise the enormous sums of money they did. The book then provides insights from ICO experts and looks at what the future holds. By comparing the past, current, and future of this technology, the book will inform anyone, whatever motivates their interest.
The crypto shift of blockchains, ICOs, and tokens is much more than just buying bitcoins, creating tokens, or raising millions in a minute in an ICO. It is a new paradigm shift from centralized to decentralized, from closed to open, and from opaqueness to transparency. ICOs and the creation of tokens during the craze of 2017 needed a lot of preparation, an understanding of cryptocurrencies and of emerging legal frameworks, but this has spurred a new movement to tokenize the world.
The author gives an unbiased, authoritative picture of the current playing field, exploring the token opportunities and provides a unique insight into the developing world of this tokenized economy. This book will nourish hungry minds wanting to grow their knowledge in this fascinating area.
What you will learn
- The background of ICOs and how they came to be
- The difference between a coin and a token, a utility and a security, and all the other acronyms you’re likely to ever encounter
- How these ICOs raised enormous sums of money
- Tokenomics: structuring the token with creativity
- Why it’s important to play nicely with the regulators
- A sneak peak into the future of ICOs from leaders in the industry
Who this book is for
With the media hype about bitcoin, this book appeals to anyone, from those with a general interest in anything crypto, or those with some knowledge of the nuances between cryptocurrency, ICOs, IPOs and the Token economy.
Table of Contents
- Once upon a Token
- A Bit of Coin Theory
- The Potential of ICOs
- Token Varieties
- The need for a Token
- Playing by the Rules
- The Token Sales Mechanism
- White Paper, Website & Team
- Social Media and Influencers
- Marketing and the launch
- Voices of the ICO World
- The Future